Criteria KLI Best Paper Award
In September of the year prior to the next KLI conference, a call to submit papers will be send out to all KLI PhD student members. Papers can be submitted to the KLI-office.
Criteria and guidelines Best Paper Award
- The (first) author of the paper must be a KLI PhD student member, or was a KLI PhD student member until at least 1 year before to the current deadline for submitting a paper;
- All KLI PhD student members may submit a paper;
- Only those who did not yet obtain their PhD on January 1, 2015, may submit;
- Each PhD student can participate in the competition only once;
- The paper is (a revision of) part of the PhD project;
- The paper is published or in press in a peer reviewed journal;
- If the submitted paper is written by more then one KLI PhD student, the award will be devided amongst them;
- The KLI Best Paper Award Committee will be appointed by the Executive Committee of the KLI en will consist of four members – each representing one of the four KLI Research Groups;
- The award will be presented once every two years, during the KLI Conference;
- The award winner will be invited to present his or her winning paper at the conference;
- The winner will receive 500 Euro;
- The next deadline for submitting a paper (for the KLI Conference in 2016) is January 1, 2016.
The Best Paper Award Committee will evaluate submitted papers by the following criteria
- Degree of innovation;
- Scientific importance and/or practical importance;
- Quality of design and methods, if applicable;
- General impression.